More Hatch green chile recipes
- 2 pounds 80-20 ground chuck
- 2 cups Hatch green chile sauce.
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 taco shells
- Heat up skillet on medium high and add ground chuck. Brown and drain.
- In a seperate skillet, fry bacon and reserve drippings.
- Dice bacon, add to beef and return to skillet on medium heat.
- Add green chile sauce, bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer until liquid is reduced, 20-40 minutes.
- Toast taco shells
- Fill shells with a few spoonfuls of the meat. Add a thin line of honey over the meat.
- Top with guacamole and sour cream.
Culinary tradition: New Mexican
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup green chile sauce
- 5 green sliced green onions, greens and whites
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 8 oz. pkg. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 corn tortillas
- Drippings of 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup colby-jack cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tortillas into thin strips.
- Fry bacon and set aside.
- Fry tortilla strips in bacon drippings until crisp and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix first seven ingredients.
- Pour ingredients into a 9X11 casserole dish, cover with cheese and tortilla strips.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
Meal type: Side dish