Pantone names its top colors for fall fashion
Get ready for the blues.
Two shades from the color family anchor Pantone Color Institute’s color report for fall 2016, a tempting collection that also includes earth tones and pops of vibrant color.
Pantone said a desire for tranquility, strength and optimism inspired the palette.
“If you look at this season’s entire palette, the idea of comforting blues coming to the top of the list again shows that people are still searching for that reassurance,” Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, said in a press release
The 10 colors are expected to dominate the fall collections during New York Fashion Week which continues through Feb. 18.
The fall color report includes:
- Riverside, a cool and calming blue with vibrancy and sophistication.
- Airy Blue, a lighter blue that evokes feelings lightness and freedom.
- Sharkskin, edgy yet neutral.
- Aurora Red, a warm, sensual red.
- Warm Taupe, a neutral that goes well with every other color in the fall report.
- Dusty Cedar, fall’s version of spring pinks. It’s also a nod to Rose Quartz, Pantone’s Color of the Year 2016.
- Lush Meadow, brings to mind botanicals and foliage.
- Spicy Mustard, adds vibrancy and plays off the other colors in the report.
- Potter’s Clay, a neutral earth tone that adds sophistication.
- Bodacious, a bright, rich purple that’s unexpected for fall.
Pantone said blue skies represent constancy and grays give a feeling of stability. Red tones invite confidence and warmth while pinkish purples and mustard yellows suggest a hint of exotic.