Real estate briefs from The Oklahoman for March 2, 2019
Projects receive Citations of Merit
The Oklahoma Historical Society’s State Historic Preservation Office recently awarded quarterly Citations of Merit for projects in Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Miami, OK. The recipients were:
• H2O Apartments of OKC LLC; Steve McQuillin & Associates; and KKT Architects Inc., for the rehabilitation of what is now Tiffany Retro Apartments, 5505 N Brookline Ave., Oklahoma City.
• Archer Building LLC; Rosin Preservation LLC; and Lilly Architects for the rehabilitation of the Archer Warehouse in downtown Tulsa.
• Oklahoma Affordable Housing Partners LLC; Rosin Preservation, LLC and Stark Wilson Duncan Architects Inc., for the rehabilitation of the Mining Exchange Building located on Route 66 in downtown Miami.
Casady Square's $9.6M sale handled locally
THE VILLAGE — Casady Square went from one local owner to another in a $9.6 million transaction handled by brokers Phillip Mazaheri, Paul Ravencraft and George Williams with Price Edwards & Co.
GRP Investments LLC bought the property at t 9201 N Pennsylvania Ave. from MVP Casady LLC. The shopping center has 136,772 square feet of space on 8.43 acres.
Shopping center headed to auction April 1
NORMAN — Parkway Plaza Shopping Center, 520 Ed Noble Parkway, will go up for auction April 1 on Ten-X Commercial, online, with an opening bid of $3.8 million, according to The Norman Transcript.
The 26-acre property has 256,438 square feet of rentable space in six buildings. Tenants includes Ross, PetSmart, Barnes & Noble, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Misal of India.
Woodmont Co. Fort Worth, Texas, has managed the property since it went into receivership. It has operated uninterrupted since North Carolina-based Gemini Real Estate Advisors forfeited the property in 2016, the Transcript reported.
School district transfers property to housing authority
VINITA — Vinita Public Schools has signed over five city lots and the historic Attucks School building to the Cherokee Nation in the first transfer of property from a school district to a housing authority of a federally recognized tribe as allowed under a state law passed last year.
The Attucks School, built in 1916-17, and was the only means of secondary education for black students in Vinita from 1925 until after desegregation occurred in 1958. In 1939 a Works Progress Administration gymnasium was added to the Attucks School building, and in 2009 the site was listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. Budget constraints ultimately caused the Vinita school district to stop using the building for school programming.
“We hope that this transfer of property ... will set a precedent and pave the way for more school districts in Oklahoma to use this option so that they might preserve history, revitalize property for community use, meet housing needs of tribal citizens and leave a positive mark on public school funding for generations to come,” Principal Chief Bill John Baker said.
Staff and wire reports