What to do in Oklahoma on March 21, 2019: Celebrate the past during the OKC Museum of Art's Third Thursday
Today's featured event:
The Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive, is celebrating decades past with its monthly Third Thursday event from 5 to 9 p.m. today.
Attendees can partake of food and drinks while listening to the nostalgic hits of the 1970s, '80s and '90s by local duo Kristen Stehr & Lee Velasquez. Eventgoers can decorate slap bracelets and build their own beaded key chains with the museum's learning and engagement team in Founders’ Hall.
Other activities include:
- Story time with Metro Library in the "Off the Wall" sculpture exhibit
- Retro cocktails at the lobby bar
- 6 p.m. "History of the Museum" presentation with Learning Manager Bryon Chambers (requires an additional ticket)
- 7:30 p.m. screening of "Back to the Future" in the Samuel Roberts Noble Theater (requires an additional ticket)
- 8 p.m. Curator's Tour of "Ansel Adams and the Photographers of the West" (requires an additional ticket)
Third Thursday also is an opportunity for
Activities are appropriate for teens and adults, and no reservations are required. Third Thursday admission is $12 for non-members and free for members. Third Thursday is presented by Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores. Follow and use #lovesthirdthursday on social media.
For more information, go to www.okcmoa.com.
For more events, go to newsok.com/calendar.