Police continue to investigate graffiti hate crimes in Oklahoma City
Police are continuing to investigate racist and homophobic messages that were spray-painted at the Oklahoma Democratic Party headquarters last week in northwest Oklahoma City.
A photograph of a woman caught on surveillance cameras spray-painting the front entrance to the building at 3700 N Classen was released Thursday. That woman has not been located.
The messages were spray-painted on the parking lot near the entrance. Volunteers from the Islamic community, Freedom Oklahoma and others cleaned the spray-paint Thursday.
On Tuesday, police had few leads to go on, said Capt. Bo Mathews.
Similar graffiti was also found at a second building, the Oklahoma City office of the Chickasaw Nation, 4001 N Lincoln Blvd. The building is next to the offices of the Oklahoma Republican Party.
On Facebook Sunday, Oklahoma City police posted: "Investigators are still trying to ID and locate the female shown in the original photos we released Thursday in connection with the graffiti left at two OKC businesses (one on Lincoln and the other on Classen)."
The woman had not been located Tuesday, and no arrests were reported, Mathews said.
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at 405-235-7300 or www.okccrimetips.com.
- Related to this story
- Article: Oklahoma Democratic Party office defaced with racist graffiti
- Article: Racist and derogatory graffiti spray-painted where Oklahoma Democratic Party located
- Article: OKC police release photos of woman wanted for questioning in racist, homophobic graffiti incidents
- Article: Reader response: Covering racism
- Article: Graffiti vandal wanted to 'scare Jewish people,' also hit two churches
- Video: Community works to remove racist graffiti
- Video: OK Republican Party reacts to graffiti
- Video: Racist graffiti found at state Democratic party office
- Video: Graffiti clean-up effort set for today