The Piedmont Public Schools Education Foundation awarded over $12,000 in grants to teachers across the district during an assembly.
• Piedmont Primary teachers, Sharon Briscoe and Debbie Bethel, were awarded grants for Sensory Play and Storybook STEM.
• Amanda Mosley, Ashley Waddell and Kelley Ross received a grant for promoting learning through technology at Piedmont Elementary.
• At Northwood Elementary, Kelly Barker, Kim Donnell and Jennifer Parsons received a grant toward a new conflict resolution program for children. Additionally, Kelleigh Dies will use her grant for teaching engineering in the classroom.Stone Ridge Elementary kindergarten teachers Kathy Needham, Denise Woodson, Jennifer Bakewell, Kala Derichsweiler, Candy Schrack and Amy King were awarded a grant for Coding for Kinders. Stone Ridge students will be Drumming for Fitness and Health with PE teacher Sandy Mitchell and her grant.
• Hummingbird Robotics will be coming to Piedmont Intermediate thanks to a grant received by Suzanne Young and Lisa Fouts.
• Middle school students will benefit in the classroom from four grants awarded to Christopher Turner and Samantha Flannery; Christopher Steed and Charles Fisher; Kim Priddy; and Connie Ward. These grants cover seventh- and eighth-grade science, social studies and computers.
• Grant recipients at the high school include: Alissa Antwine, Sierra Watts and Jon Bakewell for math; Kelly Beck, history/social studies; Kathy Davis and Melissa Sharp, leadership; Summer Boismier, English; and Paisley Basham, English.
To be considered for this column, please email achievement announcements and photos to LLynn@Oklahoman.com.