NBA playoffs: Paul George says Thunder 'will be better' after ugly Game 2 loss
Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook was a rebound shy of a triple-double, and forward Paul George's shot seemed to have come around in his second game back from a right shoulder injury, but the tone was somber when they took the podium together after the Thunder's 114-94 loss to the Trail Blazers Tuesday. Here's what they had to say about falling behind 0-2:
Can you speak to the competitive relationship you have with Damian Lillard and how it’s progressed through this series?
- Related to this story
- Article: FINAL: Trail Blazers 114, Thunder 94
- Article: The 3-point line, either making or defending, is the path to NBA success
- Article: Thunder's shooting under the microscope ... again
- Article: Thunder's offensive issues bleed into defense in 114-94 loss to Blazers in Game 2
- Article: Thunder report card: Third quarter dooms OKC as it falls to 0-2 in series
- Article: NBA playoffs: Thunder is the gang that couldn't shoot straight
- Article: Stache Bros' friendship put on hold during playoff series
- Article: Three things to know about the Thunder's 114-94 loss at Portland
- Article: Trail Blazers coach Terry Stotts praises guard play in Portland's Game 2 win vs. Thunder
- Article: CJ McCollum says Russell Westbrook and Damian Lillard are 'two pitbulls'
- Article: Thunder Buddies podcast: Big trouble in Thunderland after Game 2 blowout loss
- Article: Hamidou Diallo undergoes successful right elbow scope
- Article: Watch: Steven Adams drops Lillard with legal screen
- Article: The Thunder's shooting deficiences are on display against the Trail Blazers
- Article: Rockets have been the NBA's most impressive playoff team
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Russell Westbrook and Paul George
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 1: Terry Stotts
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 1: Westbrook, George
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 1: Enes Kanter
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 1: Damian Lillard
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 1: Billy Donovan
- Video: Thunder - Paul George talks Portland series
- Video: Thunder - Billy Donovan on Blazers
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Damian Lillard
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Billy Donovan
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - C.J. McCollum
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Dennis Schroder
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Steven Adams
- Video: Thunder vs Blazers Game 2 - Big trouble in Thunderland
I don’t really have too much to say about it.
Game 1 and Game 2 are the worst 3-point shooting nights you’ve had as a team. How do you respond to that?
Keep shooting. We’re going to make shots. Keep shooting. We miss shots, so what? Keep shooting.
What happened in the first quarter and a half that you didn’t do in the rest of the game?
What’s the message to your team heading back to OKC?
They won their first two home games. Obviously we want to steal one when we can, but let’s just stay with it. We’re a great basketball team, a lot of great guys on the team that I trust in their ability to make shots and to make plays on both sides of the basketball. We’ll be alright. Starting with myself, I’ve got to play better. Tonight, we lost, and I’m going to take full responsibility of tonight because the way I played was unacceptable, and I’m going to be better. I’m not worried one bit. My job is to make sure I continue to come out and will and lead our guys and make sure we have a chance to win a game.”
When the Blazers got it going in the second half , you never hit them with a run. What happened with your offense in the second half?
We’ve got to look at it. We’ll look at it. We’ll be better.