Edmond teen killed by police during confrontation
EDMOND — The naked domestic abuse suspect killed by police Monday has been identified as a 17-year-old boy. Police fatally shot the boy, whose name was not released Tuesday, during a Monday afternoon confrontation in a house near Edmond Santa Fe High School after a report that a female had been assaulted by her boyfriend in the 1900 block of Lariat Circle.Just after 1 p.m., a female called 911 and reported that two other females arrived at her house and said they were being assaulted, according to Edmond police.
One victim said her boyfriend “flipped out” and she didn’t know what he might have ingested.
Police searched for the boy, who was running naked and hiding in various locations within the neighborhood, authorities said.
Around 2 p.m., police reported seeing a naked black male forcibly enter the front door of a home at 520 Gray Fox Run. An officer used a Taser on the boy, but a fight continued between him and the officers, police said. He was shot by an officer several times and taken to a hospital where he died, police reported.Two officers have been placed on paid, administrative leave. One is 56 and has 25 years of law enforcement experience, authorities said. The other officer is 24 and has seven months of experience. The boy attended Boulevard Academy, an alternative high school, and was planning to walk at graduation on May 18 with classmates from his home high school, Edmond Memorial, according to Edmond Public Schools.
- Related to this story
- Article: Naked man shot and killed by police in Edmond on Monday
- Article: Edmond police release names of teen shot, officers involved in Monday fatal shooting
- Article: Edmond police release names of teen, officers involved in police shooting
- Article: Residents protest killing of unarmed teen in Edmond
- Article: Edmond officials decline to meet with parents of teen fatally shot by police
- Article: Family of teen shot by Edmond police plan news conference, attorney says
- Article: Parents of teen shot by Edmond police file lawsuit against city, officers
- Video: Edmond Police release 911 call